□名前:細江宣裕
□所属:政策研究大学院大学
□会員:会員
□お知らせの内容:研究会関連
------------------------------------
□内容
 :各位
 お世話になります。
ポリシー・モデリング・ワークショップの第5回と第6回(今年度最終回)の日程等が決定いたしました。
ふるってご参加ください。

http://www3.grips.ac.jp/~nhosoe/pmw/index.html

細江宣裕/GRIPS

-----------
第5回

日時: 2017年1月28日(土)

場所: 政策研究大学院大学 4階 会議室4B

14:00-15:50

講演者: 小川光氏 (東京大学)

題目: Ad Valorem Capital Tax Competition

概要: Studies of tax competition have found that using a unit tax is commitment-robust for governments, while we observe ad valorem taxes on capital in practice. This study presents a model that explains the emergence of ad valorem capital tax competition, incorporating an elastic supply of capital in the standard tax competition model. Specifically, it shows that if the elasticity of capital supply is positive, governments adopt the ad valorem tax method and thereby ad valorem tax competition prevails. On the other hand, under a fixed capital supply (i.e., zero elasticity of capital supply), countries compete in unit taxes.

16:10-18:00

講演者: 古沢泰治氏 (一橋大学)

題目: Global Sourcing and Production Networks (with Keiko Ito, Tomohiko Inui, and Heiwai Tang)

概要: This paper studies the spatial and sectoral patterns of firms' global sourcing, and how offshoring changes firms' domestic production networks. We develop a variant of the global sourcing model by Antras, Fort, and Tintelnot (2016) to consider multiple input sectors that differ in relationship-specificity to buyers' production and endogenously-determined communication costs as part of the trade costs. The model predicts that firms tend to outsource generic inputs with low input specificity. In addition to the direct effect of offshoring that causes less productive domestic sellers substituted with more productive ones, there is indirect productivity effect that induces firms to restructure their domestic supplier networks. We then use production network data for 4.5 million buyer-seller links in Japan and a firm-level instrument for offshoring to examine the main theoretical predictions. We find that while experiencing an increase in sales, import starters drop their larger and more distant domestic suppliers on the net. They are also more likely to add suppliers from relationship-specific sectors. As a result, the average distance between import starters and their domestic suppliers declines after offshoring, suggesting that offshoring can be a cause of industry agglomeration.

第6回

日時: 2017年3月6日(月)

場所: 政策研究大学院大学 5階 講義室I

14:00-15:50

講演者:

題目: 河端瑞貴氏 (慶應義塾大学)

概要: T.B.A.

16:10-18:00

講演者:

題目: 牛島光一氏 (筑波大学)

概要: T.B.A.

--
Nobuhiro Hosoe, Ph. D.
Associate Professor, Director of MP1/MP2 Program