ふるってご参加ください。

細江・政策研究大学院大学
---

第2回

日時: 2017年5月27日(土)

場所: 政策研究大学院大学 4階 会議室4B

14:00-15:50

講演者: 岩田真一郎氏 (富山大学)

題目: Housing Assets and Consumption among the Japanese Elderly

概要: T.B.A.

16:10-18:00

講演者: 松木佑介氏 (長崎大学)

題目: Auctions and Information Rent: An Example from the Kesennuma Swordfish Market

概要: This paper studies the transactions of swordfish from the offshore long line fisheries at the Kesennuma fish market. Each individual fish is sold through a first-price sealed bid auction. We analyze determinants of fish prices in the market. The ordinary least squares estimates show the effects of the fish characteristics, market conditions, date and weather. Furthermore, we apply a structural estimation approach to analyze bid data. We follow a nonparametric approach developed by Guerre, Perrigne and Vuong (2000) to recover the valuation of the bidder and use this to analyze their information rent. Our structural estimates show that winners enjoy considerably high information rents from market transactions.

第3回

日時: 2017年7月8日(土)

場所: 政策研究大学院大学 4階 会議室4B

14:00-15:50

講演者: 齊藤有希子氏 (経済産業研究所)

題目: T.B.A.

概要: T.B.A.

16:10-18:00

講演者: 齋藤久光氏 (北海道大学)

題目: 集積の経済・生産性と品質改善

概要: Analysis of the urban agglomeration of economic activity has focused on its benefits for firm productivity. But the marginal-cost savings which agglomeration brings about also free up inputs that can be used to produce higher-quality goods, with their own profitability potential. We use plant-product-level data from Japanese manufacturing to examine agglomeration's influences on product quality. Results confirm that quality does grow with region size, suggesting polices aimed at encouraging urban agglomeration improve competitiveness by raising product quality as well as productivity. Total factor productivity alone, therefore, underestimates agglomeration benefits by ignoring the quality incentives that accompany it.

--
Nobuhiro Hosoe, Ph. D.
Associate Professor, Director of Admissions Office